Monday, March 16, 2009

A Leak

New insight on where my next book will not start

I received an email from BYU today informing me that they had made their final grad school decisions.

Their decision was to not accept me to the Master of Social Work Program.

My first rejection. Aly has also received her first rejection. From the U.
This means we will not be attending grad school together.

Now I wait and pray that God grants me the grace to trust in Him.
I don't want to be in a state of worrying about what will come next
or what I should do to insure my future. God is sovereign in all things. He promises to work out all things for good for those who love Him. I want my heart's response to acknowledge the goodness of where God is going to take me this summer, this next school year, etc. Even if that means not getting into any grad school and the possibility of moving home for a while. I don't like that last option. Especially not with all that is contained in moving home. God knows my heart and what it would take for me to look upon that option with contentment even when I don't and frankly cannot see the solution.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.

No comments: