Saturday, February 28, 2009

Release Date TBD


Today I mailed off my last grad school application.
I feel as if I'm at the end of one of the books in my series.


I know another book is being released soon.
But I don't know when...
I don't know where the story is going...
I'm at the edge of my seat in anticipation.


OK so I do have some ideas as to where the next book may start.
Three different options are in the works. This is the first option:

1) I get into the University of Utah's School of Social Work. I move into a lovely little apartment in Salt Lake City. Ideally I would like to live in either The Avenues or Sugar House. These neighborhoods are older, wiser, and with filled with ample amounts of personality. Some the houses and apartments have gotten facelifts and others have been left to age gracefully. There is also the grand possibility that Aly and I would be at The U together. This is actually the one and only option that would place Aly and I together.

SLC may be the most diverse place in all of Utah. While it is pretty small for a metropolis it does have it's own flavor and appeal. Set next to some of the most beautiful mountains I have ever seen in my life, which also happen to be snow capped the majority of the year, this city has great vintage shops as well as some nicely stocked consignment stores.
Likewise, though I've yet to test it's tracks, SLC does have a light rail that takes you through downtown, makes a couple of stops on The U's campus and I believe can even take you down to Provo (I may be wrong on this last point. Note that sometimes I speak without knowing all the facts)

Salt Lake also has one of the most modern libraries I've seen. It's exterior walls are made up of windows. This is one of my favorite parts about the entire structure and surrounding grounds. I love that while I read Pride & Prejudice or get filled in on the theories of Marx, Durkheim, Weber, Goffman or Simmel I can watch the world around me in motion. Like a heart beating in perfect rhythm. I like to be caught in the balance of fiction or idealism and piercing reality. I think it's a healthy activity.

And I've digressed.

Returning to the city. I don't know her as well as I would like to. We have shared some fond memories as well as some painful ones. I strongly believe that this city and this beginning definitely have great potential and if offered this story line I would easily commit.


Option 2 we'll save for another day.




No comments: